Saturday, February 2, 2013

Appliances.. Wow, there's a lot of options

We will be replacing the range, can't say I will miss the crappy one we have now!  We'll also replace the microwave that is over the range right now, it's a poor excuse for venting, although I'll say, it's the only GE appliance we had that never broke in 10 years..
We're keeping the 2 year old Samsung fridge and the 10 year old Bosch dishwasher (best appliance ever!  I love that dishwasher).

Microwave: So we'll have to buy a new microwave, and since I wanted to add another oven but we don't have much space for it, I'll go with a combo microwave/convection oven.  So this is the new one, it's a Miele


Range:  I really wanted a bigger range, so we'll be going with a 6 burner Wolf gas range.  It has great reviews, it's simple (only knobs, no electronics) and who doesn't love the red knobs!!



Drawer Fridge:   Our fridge isn't very big and our boys eat a ton of food (and it will get worse I'm sure...) The solution?  A drawer fridge in the island.  Great for fruit, veggies and cheeses.   Imagine it with panels matching the cabinets, not brown like this pic.



Also need to find a venting hood for over the range, we won't see it since it will be under cabinets. I'll also get the blower outside so we don't have a loud noise when it's in use..

That's it for appliances and plenty, it's amazing how expensive they can be!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment